The PECOFacet coalescer separator housings equipped with CAA Model 5 coalescer and companion separator cartridges have been tested and fully qualified to meet the performance requirements of EI 1581, 5th Edition Category "C", Type "S". Vessels to this specification are suitable for being used with commercial fuel where significant levels of water and dirt are present.
Built for balanced fluid flow-thru and structural strength, each CAA Model 5 coalescer cartridge is a single-piece construction of various combined media, precisely arranged in many layers and pleats, wrapped around a treated, perforated metal shell —all encased in an outer sock material. All cartridges are 6” (152mm) outside diameter, the standard model has an inside diameter of 3.5” (89mm). However, alternative models are available with internal diameters of 2” (50 mm) and 2.6” (65 mm) to fit other installations. Cartridge lengths are standard and interchangeable, nominal lengths being in increments from 11 ¼” (286mm) to 56 ¼” (1430mm).
Standard Design Features
- Tested and qualified to the 5th Edition of EI 1581, Category "C", Type "S"
- Multi-layered media for increased solids holding capacity
- Ultra-fine solids removal
- Maximum water coalescence
- Balanced cartridge flow characteristics
- Recommended maximum operating temperature: 240°F (115°C)
- Withstand in excess of 75 psi (5.25 kg/cm²) differential pressure
- pH range from 5 to 9
- Choice of self-centering rod or screw base coalescer cartridge mounting styles
- Flow direction: inside to out